RE: tabs/indents in WebHelp

Subject: RE: tabs/indents in WebHelp
From: "sbuckley" <sbuckley -at- onlinewriter -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:01:52 -0700

Not to disagree, but my experience has been a bit different. Though in
earlier versions of Word I could use programmed bulleted and numbered lists,
in later versions of Word I found I could no longer use the this Word
feature with either RoboHelp or when using just Word and the Help Authoring
Tool Kit.

Perhaps the problem was caused by the Word styles our team was using, but I
was never able to isolate the problem. Instead, I had to set the tab and
hanging indent manually for each list item.

If this works for you, try coping one list time to the next line in order to
avoid setting the tab and indent for each line. That speeds things up a
bit. However, be prepared for Word to try to help and switch to a Word
list. I think there is a way to turn that feature off in Word, but I
haven't done it for quite awhile and can't remember off the top of my head.
Let me know if you are still having trouble and I'll try to retrace my
steps.

Hope this helps.