Re: Madcap Flare

Subject: Re: Madcap Flare
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:12:52 -0700

So how is Flare's online help? My RoboHelp use was mostly
during the Blue Sky period, and while I always felt the folks
on the support phone were helpful and knew their stuff, it
always struck me as ironic that when using one of the most
popular tools for authoring online help I never seemed to be
able to find the information I needed in the online help.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Loveless" <daveloveless -at- gmail -dot- com>

I've been using MadCap since it was released early this year. So far I
like it. It is a version 1 product and it does have some bugs, but I
heard from one of their sales reps that version 2 is slated to come
out in October. Hopefully that will fix some of the more glaring and
problematic bugs that I encounter.

There are some very frustrating things with the product. There are
some very useful things as well. I personally think that it will
improve with time, and each person I've contacted at MadCap is very
helpful and knowledgable.