Re: Cut And Paste Disabled?

Subject: Re: Cut And Paste Disabled?
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: Martin Bosworth <martinhbosworth -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:05:52 -0400

Martin Bosworth wrote:

I was in the middle of adding a hyperlink to a document when I noticed
my cut and paste function was disabled. I tested it out for Word,
e-mail, HTML editors, and so on--nothing works. Both the menu
functions and the keyboard shortcuts are disabled.

What might cause this, and how can I undo it? I can honestly say I've
never seen it before. Many thanks in advance.

Martin

Happens all the time to me. Sometimes closing and opening an application or two takes care of it; sometimes a reboot is in order. Meanwhile, there are generally three ways each to effect a copy, a cut, and a paste: from the Edit menu, from the keyboard, and from the context menu. You don't say which method failed, but for me it's usually the keyboard shortcuts that quit working. When that happens, I switch to the context menu (I haven't seen that become disabled yet). Then I reboot when it's convenient for me to do so.

Good luck,

Dick
http://ampersandvirgule.blogspot.com/