RE: Troubleshooting broken cross-references in FrameMaker documentsconverted to PDF

Subject: RE: Troubleshooting broken cross-references in FrameMaker documentsconverted to PDF
From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: cll01821 -at- lycos -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:34:38 -0400

You may have worked much harder than you needed to in fixing your
problem. The first thing to try when FrameMaker cross-references
do not work in the final PDF is to enable the "Create Named Destinations
for All Paragraphs" option on the Links tab of the PDF Setup dialog in
FrameMaker before re-generating the PDF. This is much easier and
*much* less tedious than re-creating all the cross-references, and in
my experience it has fixed all broken links in at least 2/3 of the time.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ

From: "C" <cll01821 -at- lycos -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 15:33:05 -0400 (EDT)

I'm using FrameMaker 7.0 and Acrobat 6.0 Professional. When several
cross-references that worked in FrameMaker did not work in the PDF, I
attempted to fix the problem by re-importing the relevant cross-reference
and paragraph tags, all to no avail. I searched the Adobe Support site, with
no luck.

I also searched the techwr-l archive because I had a vague remembrance that
someone on this list recently mentioned that corruption with
cross-references could be fixed by removing the cross-references and all
associated markers and then re-inserting the cross-references.

I never found the original posting, but I went ahead and removed and
replaced the cross-references, one at a time, verifying the successful
conversion after inserting each new cross-reference. Success!

Many thanks to whomever posted the information. Also, if you read this
posting, would you kindly send me, off-list, your original e-mail to the
list about this problem and solution?

Carol

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/docudoc%40hotmail.com

Search from any web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows Live Toolbar Today! http://get.live.com/toolbar/overview