Re: "shorthand" vs. plain writing style

Subject: Re: "shorthand" vs. plain writing style
From: HBacheler -at- aol -dot- com
To: awarren -at- synaptics -dot- com, yves -dot- barbion -at- gmail -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 18:47:19 EDT

Andrew,

I wish that I had had the Simplified Technical English document a long time
ago.

Being in the Information Technology arena for the past 'several' years (over
20) I certainly could have avoided some discussions with others on
terminology for easy-reading Resolving the discussion challenges would have been
easier if I had the 'SE' to refer to.

I am currently on a contract task where I am to 'build' the how-to
procedures for a 'simulation' organization.

Revising existing procedures that are written by a number of individuals and
organizations who have a 'vested interest in what they wrote.

And, making sure that what I write is in alignment with the STE document.

I downloaded the Version 2 document that you pointed me to.

Thank you so much for your information.

Sincerely,

Harry