Re: Type of documentation?

Subject: Re: Type of documentation?
From: "Nilesh Jahagirdar" <nilesh -dot- jahagirdar -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Zsuzsa Nagy" <zsuzsa_nagy -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:39:44 +0530

While the documentation as a category seems to be a single project, I think
you are looking at creating muliple documents focusing on different things.

If that's the case, go with Best Practices, and identify further categories
for the documentation: existing market review / analysis, Standards, etc.
These categories could be based on content-wise focus, or on in what form
the documents will see the light of day.

On 8/30/06, Zsuzsa Nagy <zsuzsa_nagy -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

What about calling these docs white papers?

Cheers,
Zsuzsa Nagy

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:40:38 -0400
> From: "Chris Orr" <got2940 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
> Subject: Type of documentation?
> To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
> I am trying to come up with a good name for the type
> of documentation I have
> been working on lately, but I'm not getting very
> far. Here's a description
> of it.
>
> Where our release documentation has a narrow focus
> on specific products,
> this documentation has a wide focus on tasks or
> processes that span multiple
> products. It is published independently of product
> releases, to the company
> knowledgebase and/or online magazine. There is a
> possibility it could be
> published in trade magazines. This type of
> documentation is heavily informed
> by research into best practices, standards, the
> existing market, feedfback
> from consultants in the field, and such.
>
> Our manager calls this documentation "best
> practices," but it's more than
> that. What would you call it?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris Orr

http://mail.yahoo.com

Easily create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to any popular
Help file format or printed documentation. Learn more at
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as nilesh -dot- jahagirdar -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/nilesh.jahagirdar%40gmail.com

But hang on, there's music and art and things to tell you about yet!
Arrrggghhh!