Re: Type of documentation?

Subject: Re: Type of documentation?
From: "Chris Orr" <got2940 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:52:20 -0400

Thanks for your replies, Peter and Anne.

There's actually nothing wrong with "best practices." My concern was that that term might connote a narrower type of documentation than I am developing. "White paper" is more accurate, I think. The only problem with that one is that we're calling the docs "best practices" instead of "white papers."

The reason I posted the question is that my boss and I are working on a title upgrade for me, so I was looking for the best term that accurately describes my current work, but will also be comprehensible on my resume in the future. I think I may suggest, "Lead Technical Writer for Best Practices Documentation." Does that title work?

Regards,
Chris

From: Peter Sturgeon <prsturgeon -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:34:43 +0800 (CST)

What's wrong with "best practices"?

No brief term will be all-encompassing enough, and I think it captures the spirit of what you're putting together.

"Our manager calls this documentation "best practices," but it's more than
that. What would you call it?"

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as got2940 -at- hotmail -dot- com -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/got2940%40hotmail.com

Get real-time traffic reports with Windows Live Local Search http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=42.336065~-109.392273&style=r&lvl=4&scene=3712634&trfc=1