Questions about developing training material

Subject: Questions about developing training material
From: "Jens Reineking" <reineking -dot- arbeit -at- gmx -dot- de>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:44:44 +0200

Hi all!

I&#8217;m changing fields again and will be working on training materials from October on. The topic will be project management.

So, I&#8217;ve got a couple of questions and I hope you will have some answers or can point the way to some useful information (courses, books, journals, arcticles, websites, blogs, newsletters, forums, ...). The sources should be in English or German.
So, who on this list as experience in developing training materials and is willing to share some of his/her experience with me?

The first area of interest is the process (design, execution, review, field test).

The second area is theoretical background (psychology of learning and perception, ecucational design and writing, ...).

The third area is about some practical questions:
- Does single sourcing work with educational material?
- What software would you recommend for building the material?
- Are there special things to be considered when localising training material?

Thanks for your help,

Jens