Re: Looking for a dos command

Subject: Re: Looking for a dos command
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "List,Techwriter" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:47:23 -0700 (PDT)

> BTW, does it *have* to be DOS? There are a number of
> applets out that will compare the files on a volume to those
> on a master volume and let you vew differences in size, date,
> etc.

yeah, I have software that already does that. However, two reasons
that wouldn't work here...1) it has to be something that each of the
10 writers already have and 2) it gets compared to a CD that we don't
get early enough to be of use. The file list is from a set of
directories where we drop our final files. The file list is then used
by Release Engineering as soon as the gold CD is cut to verify that
the build process went out and got the files. By the time we get the
CD, it's too late.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."