RE: Breaking into the tech writing job market

Subject: RE: Breaking into the tech writing job market
From: "Mike Schmidt" <mschmidt -at- weathercentral -dot- tv>
To: "Mary Elizabeth" <msmith -at- medicfirstaid -dot- com>, "Vincent Marianiello" <vincent -dot- marianiello -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 15:58:01 -0500

That's exactly how I started. I was selling recording equipment. I moved to Nashville to be a musician, but I wanted to eat in the meantime and went to a company that made big-time studio stuff. I knew the equipment, and how to use it, so it just fell together.

Some of my freelance stuff is directly related to hobbies and interests.

In fact, now in the weather field, it's a bit on the boring side because I'm not really interested in it. I'd much rather be back in the audio world.