RE: Wiki as a documentation delivery system?

Subject: RE: Wiki as a documentation delivery system?
From: "Simon North" <Simon -dot- North -at- quintiq -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:04:27 +0200

Matthew Horn said:

> If you make it difficult to add or collaborate, then it isn't a wiki.
> would guess there's an inverse relationship between the difficulty
of
> adding content and the amount of content added.

Absolutely! If you're going to have gatekeepers and vetting, you must
just as well use web pages on an intranet/extranet. The whole
attraction
of a wiki is the LOW threshold, and there is an increasing trend
towards
WYSIWYG editing interfaces to make it even easier. Put any kind of
control
in the way and you discourage contributions (I actively encourage
people
to create personal entries where there are no rules at all).

Simon North

Simon North, Technical Writer.
Quintiq Application Software BV
's Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential
and is the property of Quintiq. It is only intended for the person to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not
authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute or use
this message or any part thereof. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of
this message. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change,
therefore they are not binding.