Re: Wiki as a documentation delivery system?

Subject: Re: Wiki as a documentation delivery system?
From: Scott Abel <abelsp -at- netdirect -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 18:51:34 -0400

Wikis are already being used to create documentation. In fact, a wiki based entirely on DITA is in development (already been beta tested), as well as blogging tools and plugins that will allow you to create, manage, deliver, syndicate documentation without a specialized authoring tool. And, of course, there are also content management systems that include wikis and blogs as part of their offerings. They too plan to role out support for documentation (including DITA).

There are a few articles in progress on this topic that I'm editing right now -- soon to be posted on my blog. I'll be adding reviews of several wiki tools as well in the coming weeks. If you've got a wiki project you'd like me to see and consider mentioning in my article, let me know.

Scott Abel, Content Management Strategist, The Content Wrangler, Inc.
abelsp -at- netdirect -dot- net * 941-359-3416 * skype: abelsp

News | Reviews | Jobs | Events | Books | Whitepapers | Training | More
Featured article: 10 DITA Lessons Learned From Tech Writers in the Trenches
www.thecontentwrangler.com ---> become a member today!