Re: Wiki as a documentation delivery system

Subject: Re: Wiki as a documentation delivery system
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 08:03:30 -0400

Even tech writers won't use one. We had one, long
before there were wikis, on a planet in another
galaxy. I was the only writer who used it at all.

Keith Hood wrote:

We use a Wiki internally. It's supposed to be for
distributing information among the development staff. ...

The Wiki system we have was selected, installed, and
put in operation by the lead software engineer - one
of their own - and he admits nobody ever bothers to
use the dern thing. We tried a "knowledge capture"
knowledge. I am literally the only person in the
company who has ever done all the assigned articles.
The thing has been in use almost two years, and still
less than half those articles have ever been done.