Re: FrameMaker 7.2 and 7.1

Subject: Re: FrameMaker 7.2 and 7.1
From: Ami WRIGHT <ami -at- ziplink -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:35:20 -0400

OK, here?s the official word:

My question to Adobe:
?I'm using Framemaker version 7.2. Will there be any issues with sharing
files with someone who is using 7.1? If we modify each others files, will
we have any problems? Or are the two versions completely compatible??

The answer from Adobe:
?FrameMaker 7.2 is compatible with FrameMaker 7.1. file sharing should be
seemlessly back and forth.?

My question to Quadralay:
?It turns out that I now need to share files with someone who is using
FrameMaker 7.1. Adobe has told me that the two versions of FrameMaker are
compatible and file sharing should be seamlessly back and forth. Since the
version of WebWorks that I'm using is specific to FrameMaker 7.2, will
there be any problems if I take files updated by a 7.1 version of
FrameMaker and use my versions of FrameMaker and WebWorks to create help
files??

The answer from Quadralay:
?You can do this with no problems with a WebWorks Publisher Professional
2003 version 8.6 key.?

So there you have it??

-Ami

Ami Wright