RE: Configuring Context-Sensitive RoboHelp with a Web Based JavaApplication

Subject: RE: Configuring Context-Sensitive RoboHelp with a Web Based JavaApplication
From: "Margaret Hassall" <Margaret -dot- Hassall -at- computershare -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "Anthony" <italian_scribbles -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:42:19 +1000

We use context sensitive help with our .CHMs and our browser based
web-help - all generated from RoboHelp X5.

Our developer could work it all out from the help files supplied by
RoboHelp (look up CSH - context sensitive help) - these tell you about
the folder of supplied routines in "Program Files\RoboHelp\CSH API",
that pretty much does all the work. He had to add a "help id" to the
application pages (.ASP and XML files), and had a careful look at the
web help that I generated. Now, all I have to do is assign the mapids
that are generated from the helpIDS as per usual. The CSH API folder has
scripts for java, but I have not looked at them.

Comments I got back from the developerwere along the lines "it's easy -
all explained in the help file".

Hope this helps.

Margaret

JavaApplication

> Hello Everyone,
>
> My manager asked me to do something yesterday I have never
> done before with any RoboHelp based online help module.
> After reviewing the information provided with my RoboHelp
> software I am left with at least one question...
>
> The application I am writing the help for ultimately lives in
> the browser as it is web based. The application is written
> in Java and is designed to have the help fired off either by
> a link or a javascript call (i.e., request parameters). That
> is the key to making this work and we were unable to find
> very much information covering this specifically.
>
> Has anyone been able to adapt their RoboHelp modules to work
> with such an application on a Context-Sensitive basis?
>
> Thank you for your time and attention.
>
> - Anthony

---
This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you receive this email in error, please advise us by return email immediately. Please also disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies immediately.
Computershare Limited and its subsidiaries do not accept liability for the views expressed in the email or for the consequences of any computer viruses that may be transmitted with this email.
This email is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner.