RE: Getting into technical writng

Subject: RE: Getting into technical writng
From: "Joyce Fetterman" <Joycef -at- gtsoftware -dot- com>
To: "Joe Pisko" <joep95 -at- comcast -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:54:21 -0400

Joe, remember that everything you post on public lists such as TECHWR-l
is available to anyone who does a search on your name. The folks in the
HR department of the companies where you apply will likely not
appreciate your comment about them.

Also, take the time to review the extensive TECHWR-l archives and read
what's already been said about breaking into the field. Then you can ask
questions that haven't already been asked and answered.

Keep in mind that not all technical writing has to do with computers. My
early work was writing policies and procedures.

Joyce

<< I assume that this question has hit this email list some number of
times, I apologize for the repetition. I have a degree in English and I
am something of a computer geek. I am looking to get into technical
writing.>>