RE: frustrated

Subject: RE: frustrated
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "iam nobody88" <iamnobody888 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:35:44 -0700

Hi!

I have seen problems with outsourced/offshored technical writing before.
In every case, I brought it to the attention of my manager. I did *not*
say "this writing is terrible, why do we hire these people?" Instead, I
simply pointed out the issues: "This is poorly organized...This
paragraph doesn't use correct grammar...This was not delivered on
time...Tech writer <x> needed help with this issue, which is something
that most junior tech writers should already know...Tech writer <y>
needs a lot of hand-holding."

Are issues like this frustrating? Of course! They should be frustrating
to your manager as well. By noting them, you're showing that you care
about professional writing, and you want to handle the problem, not just
complain about it. Your manager may not be able to do anything either,
of course.

Not everyone who's hired to be a writer (and I include myself) is a
great writer. Some need *lots* of help.

Joe

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.