Re: Type of Resume

Subject: Re: Type of Resume
From: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Deborah Kluge" <dkluge -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:11:35 -0400

I used a career counselor years ago and was not impressed. The guy
didn't help me out at all; he just told me what I already knew.

Is this friend a tech writer? I'm in NY as well, but NY is a pretty
big state. If your friend wants to contact me, I'll provide some
guidance.

But a career counselor is best reserved for someone who doesn't know
what they want to do for a living. If this describes your friend, then
your friend should see one. If this doesn't describe your friend, then
they should save their money and do some reflection and analysis on
their own to determine what they want, compare that against what they
have been going after and how they are going after it, and then
determine what they need to change in order to better get what they
want.

On 6/29/06, Deborah Kluge <dkluge -at- comcast -dot- net> wrote:

Thank you all for giving me the name of the T-letter. I have sent
on the article about it to my friend, and hope it will help him.

My friend is not doing well in his job search and is thinking
about working with a career counselor. Have any of you used a
career counselor and, if so, did you find it helpful? Can you
recommend anyone? He is in NY if that makes any difference.

--
Bill Swallow
Senior Member STC, TechValley Chapter