Wireless Broadband access Report back

Subject: Wireless Broadband access Report back
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "List,Techwriter" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 05:15:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, guys...about a month ago, I asked the list if anyone was using
the Verizon Narional Broadband access in their laptops for accessing
the Internet. Some people wanted me to report back if I got it. I
picked it up this weekend, anticipating giving it the 15 days trial
to see how it works...

I'm keeping it.

While it's slower than my home cable setup with wireless, the
capabilities are all there, including still having the ability to VPN
into my company network. I also did not experience any drops, but
next weekend will be the test on that when I take the train and ferry
home. It runs at 2Mbps, which is stadard DSL speed, so those with DSL
won't notice any drop in speed. For me, if I have an alternative,
such as wireless at work or at my home (54Mbps), I'll use that, but
while on the train or on the beach, it beats nothing at all.

If you have a Verizon phone (wireless or home service), the cost is
$59/month with a 15 days trial.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"So long and thanks for all the fish."