Re: Tech Writing Quiz?

Subject: Re: Tech Writing Quiz?
From: <wongword -at- ozemail -dot- com -dot- au>
To: <arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:13:11 +1000

A colleague wondered: <<I looking for a fun, brief (10 questions or so) quiz on writing procedural documentation. Have you seen anything like this that you could share with me, or point me to?>>

Suggestion

If you can't think of a quiz then write a horoscope paragraph for the 12 star signs.

A long while ago I produced the Tech communicators monthly newsletter here in Sydney and I had a member who wrote some brilliant predictions: troubles with authors, huge successes, software problems, managing directors who didn't like double quote marks. It's an endless feast of disasters and successes.

It was one of the most popular parts of the newsletter and was the only tech communicators stars I have ever seen. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^