Re: CVS Client Recomendations

Subject: Re: CVS Client Recomendations
From: "Katie Kearns" <katie -dot- kearns -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "List,Techwriter" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:45:16 -0700

On 6/13/06, Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

Our company's IT folks install WinCVS as a default.
I find it very annoying and unstable and am using
TortoiseCVS on my system.

Gene Kim-Eng

I'm actually using both. Best of both worlds, I suppose. The team started
with WinCVS, but I really like the integration with Windows Explorer that
TortoiseCVS provides.

It took me a little while to get used to the concurrant nature of it (after
using more traditional source control like Documentum for docs and VSS and
ClearCase for code), but I'm really starting to adore it now. It's really
nice when you have multiple people who need to touch the same files (but
different parts of them) a lot. I honestly can't imagine trying to do the
project I'm on right now with a typical check-in/check-out model (mind you,
it is for code, not docs).

-Katie