Re: gaining control of a dysfunctional environment?

Subject: Re: gaining control of a dysfunctional environment?
From: "David Loveless" <daveloveless -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:47:27 -0600

I don't necessarily think that what you are doing is wrong. It sounds
to me like you know what you are doing and that you are making the
appropriate efforts. It also sounds to me like the company is
struggling to find some sort of internal process and organization that
will hold it together.

But, of course, without any more information than what is posted, that
is an impossibility to know for sure.

If you want an honest opinion, answer these my questions three:

1. Are you happy with the quality of your work and your ability to produce it?
2. Are you happy with the organization of the company and the
supporting structures there?
3. Are you happy with your coworkers?
Extra Credit: Do you enjoy your job?

If you answer no to any of these questions and you can't change that
answer to a yes, why are you still there? You stated very early in
your post that you "should be looking for new employment." Well?

It sounds to me like you know exactly what you *want* to do. I think
it might be time to make your wants your needs. There is no shame in
leaving a company for any valid reason. You listed several valid
reasons in my book.

Remember: The grass is always greener on the other side when your side
hasn't been watered in months.

Good luck.

Dave