RE: Standard Docset for Hardware/Software Products?

Subject: RE: Standard Docset for Hardware/Software Products?
From: "Joyce Fetterman" <Joycef -at- gtsoftware -dot- com>
To: "Heidi" <hvonmarkham -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:12:57 -0400

Heidi, I suspect that as soon as you combine them into one or two docs,
there will be complaints from customers who prefer it the way it is now!

But if I were to combine any of those, I'd maybe consider adding the
safety guide to the user's guide. I don't like putting anything else in
the Getting Started Guide; it's got its own specific audience. We don't
print our release notes; they are available as a file when you install
the software.

Joyce

<< I'm getting feedback (via the Tech Marketing department) that our
docset has too many docs and that customers want all the information in
one or two docs. The current docset includes what I thought was the
standard minimal set of four docs: user guide, release notes, quick
start guide (covers hardware install and logging into the UI), and a
safety guide (provides specification on the hardware itself).>>