RE: English-Metric units in documentation

Subject: RE: English-Metric units in documentation
From: "Johnson, Tom" <TJohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com>
To: <tech -dot- writer1 -at- verizon -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 09:34:52 -0400

Just about every product sold in Europe must bear the CE Mark. Requirements for CE certification are rigorous. Among other things, measurements must be specified in metric values and documentation must be in the native language(s) for the target country. That's the part you need to be most concerned with. Engineers need to design to CE Mark specifications for safety issues. For instance, components (for example fuses, safety devices and subsystems) most-likely need to bear the CE mark. CE mark certification isn't something that happens in a week or two.

I've been away from CE Mark for a year or so. My terminology might be slightly off. I was just told this morning that we're ramping up for another European project and I need to brush up on the requirements.

Tom Johnson
Technical Writer
tjohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com