Re: "taboo engineering techniques" (RE: Modularization of Documentation)

Subject: Re: "taboo engineering techniques" (RE: Modularization of Documentation)
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Kevin Cole <kccole -at- fuse -dot- net>, 'techwhirlers' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 18:18:18 -0700 (PDT)

> how to properly modularize your work. It involves use of taboo
> engineering techniques."
>
> Do you mean to say that engineering techniques are taboo within the
> "TW" community? The IEEE does have a society for technical
> writers, you know.
> This attitude doesn't do much for the credibility of the "TW
> Community" at large.

The taboo engineeering technique is Tony's insistance that Data Flow
Diagarams (DFDs) are the only technique in the who wide world that
produces valid technical documentation (and he's the only writer in
the whole wide world that uses it) and he's been given so much flack
for it on the list that HE has declared that technique taboo to
discuss. The rest of us have no problem with discussing it....we just
won't fall into lockstep with him. :-)

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"So long and thanks for all the fish."