Maintaining PowerPoint hyperlinks

Subject: Maintaining PowerPoint hyperlinks
From: thewriteguy -at- thewritespot -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:52:44 -0500 (CDT)

I'm too long away from PowerPoint and too deep into Dreamweaver to accept
that what I'm seeing is all there is, but...

When using hyperlinks to give navigational interactivity and consistency
to a PowerPoint slide show, if a slide is added or moved, then KABOOOM --
all the hyperlinks to specific slides are blown to kingdom come because
the links are to a page number and there is no referential integrity.

PowerPoint doesn't seem to both track and react to changes that affect
internal links (like my beloved Dreamweaver).

I don't have a choice about the tool used here. So is there something I'm
missing that makes PowerPoint a bit more forgiving when I move slides
around? Or does adding or removing a single slide really mean that I have
to change navigation on every single slide individually?