Was: Conducting Telephone...Now Interview Questions

Subject: Was: Conducting Telephone...Now Interview Questions
From: "Diana Ost" <Diana -dot- Ost -at- msmcorp -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:30:05 -0400

Donna Jones wrote on 05/17/2006 02:40:21 PM:

> > At 05:12 AM 5/17/2006, linda_sims -at- vanguard -dot- com wrote:
> > >I've never found anything I didn't already know how to do that I
> > >couldn't learn how to do very quickly to a high degree of
> > >competence.
> >
> > Fwiw, if you were interviewing with me, I'd consider that an ideal
> > answer.

Me too, Linda.

I've been watching this thread with interest. My experience has been
that people either "get this" or they don't. The ones' that "get it"
have hired me and been very happy. The others missed out :-)

One interviewer asked for specific application experience for something
that I had similar experience in (a web-based training app).

I said, Ooh, yes, I have the concepts for that, and am sure I could
learn it very quickly."

She said, "No, we would have to train you, and we don't have time for
that."

My reply: "No, you don't understand. That's' what I do. I learn the
program, document it, and then train OTHER people to use it."

Didn't get that job, thank goodness!

(Hey Donna, maybe we are related. I was a Jones once.)

-- Diana Ost