RE: Conducting Telephone Interviews

Subject: RE: Conducting Telephone Interviews
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:09:35 -0700 (PDT)

> Back up what I say - do you mean like writing samples?
> Gotem.
>
> Actually, I find that physical evidence is not the
> important element in selling myself. Very, very few
> can talk about what makes themselves unique. I can.
> I have always found it to be the case that, if they
> are looking for my unique skills, my verbal
> description of my unique process sells.

no...not writing samples. People want to see them, and I have a
killer portfolio, but in real life, I can use any one writing sample
to tell any message I want, and have in the past used the same
writing samples in different situations to state opposing points when
I knew the client wanted to hear a specific point.

I want to hear, not blanket statements about their "wonderfullness",
but an indication that the person is able to internalize their
knowledge into the correct action....that they understand their trade
well enough and have the level of skill to know when to use a concept
and when NOT to use a concept, technique, or methodology, but to
switch to another. What I don't want is a one-trick pony.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"So long and thanks for all the fish."