RE: Conducting Telephone Interviews

Subject: RE: Conducting Telephone Interviews
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 06:12:04 -0700 (PDT)

Dan Goldstien:

HR Director: "Mr. Markos, it says here that you're
the only tech writer in the _whole world_ who can
create a properly organized, user-friendly document.
Who taught you how?

Tony Markos:

What I said was what makes me unique is my skill at
utilizing leading-edge structured writing techniques.
These skills enable me to be much more efficient and
effective at creating structured documentation.
Others can structure documentation; however, the
questions are: how structured? and at what cost?

Dan Goldstein:

If someone else taught you how to do it, doesn't that
mean that there are at least two of
you?

Tony Markos:

As Charles Horn (the person who popularized Structured
Writing) says , "Structued writing is really all about
[structured] analysis". I was taught the analysis
methodology, but modidified it for Tech Writing.
Extensvie inquires clearly indicate that there is
probably no one else who has done such.

Dan Goldstein:

And if you invented this method all by yourself, and
it's the only method that works, how come you're not a
millionaire?"

Tony Markos:

Great question! A certain mindset is required to apply
the method which many do not like to entertain. See
my saying after my name below.

Tony Markos

"It is only by dying (i.e., following the flow of
data), that we are born again (i.e., come to
understand the underlying logic of a system)." - AJ
Markos

http://mail.yahoo.com