Re: Get legal - get OpenOffice.org

Subject: Re: Get legal - get OpenOffice.org
From: Peter Lewicke <plewicke -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Jean Hollis Weber <jean05 -at- jeanweber -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 06:36:17 -0700 (PDT)

Because of cost, international standards, and
portability, I expect that Microsoft will find fewer
companies willing to use yet another version of their
programs that use proprietary file formats. I read of
a state government switching to Open Office because of
the file format standards, and now that the standard
has been formalized, I expect more migration.

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/plewicke%40yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com