Re: preserving fonts made in visio

Subject: Re: preserving fonts made in visio
From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: shl_ctf -at- yahoo -dot- ca, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 13:16:42 -0400

One issue with WMF is that it does not embed the fonts
that were used in Visio. It only embeds the *names* of
the fonts, and this can lead to some unexpected changes
in the graphics when used on different systems unless you
stick to completely ubiquitous Windows fonts. If you embed
the fonts in the PDF, it is completely portable, and the fonts
that you use do not need to be installed on every system
that might use the PDF graphic directly.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ

From: Milan Davidovic <shl_ctf -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 13:09:59 -0400 (EDT)

--- obair81 -at- comcast -dot- net wrote:
> Based partly on some extremely helpful info posted a
> while back, I instead printed the visio to pdf and
> inserted the pdf into frame. The text callouts now
> look fantastic!

What if you had saved the Visio diagram as a Windows
MetaFile (.wmf) and inserted that instead?

--Milan