Re: Spell Check Problem

Subject: Re: Spell Check Problem
From: foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com
To: katherine -dot- darges -at- defensegp -dot- com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:02:21 -0700

Katherine -

I'm not a word or computer guru by any means. However, when I have a
program that is doing funny things in the windows environment, I start by
shutting down that program and reopening it. If that doesn't work, I
restart my computer, and if that doesn't work, I completely shut down the
machine and leave it off for 5 to 10 minutes to make sure all the
capicitors drain and then start it up again.

If all that doesn't work, I reinstall the program over itself, telling it
repair. Sometimes I try the "repair" thing first and all becomes fixed
and everything is then again "right with the world."

It seems that strange things happen to windows programs when the machine
has been on for a long time or the program has been open for a long while
even if it has been only running in the background or there are a lot of
programs open at the same time for a relatively long time.

Don't feel bad. Even though I have been working in Windows for quite a
while, I always fight it first and then try the stuff that works.

Hope this helps.

Happiness, joy & laughter

Jacque - Graphic Designer / Typesetter - Excellence by Design
since 1972 - Pen & Ink Renderings of homes & Bldgs. & portraits from
photos, Brochures, Ads, Flyers, Packaging, Business Forms, Manuscripts,
etc. - email: foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com & @earthlink.net - 626-794-9620
Rendering/logo Samples: http://www.foremangraphics.com

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:42:49 -0400 "Darges, Katherine"
<katherine -dot- darges -at- defensegp -dot- com> writes:
> Dear Folks,
> This almost sounds like a Friday Funny...
> My Word document, approx 30 pages, has suddenly (it wasn't doing
> this
> yesterday) started showing that little red underline on a dozen
> random
> words. They aren't mispelled or strange words (because, operate,
> open...). Just to be sure I wasn't missing something, I selected
> "because" and checked it with spell check. The options I was given
> were
> all in FRENCH. The same with each of the other "mispelled" words.
> What
> the heck? Where did the French come in all of a sudden on those
> few
> words? I checked my settings and they seem fine. Any suggestions?
> Thanks!
>
> Katherine Darges
> Sr. Management Analyst
> National Security Programs Group