Re: Have you ever felt the need to create a new word?

Subject: Re: Have you ever felt the need to create a new word?
From: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:55:24 -0400

Thanks Wanda...this book and the books by the linquist that Dave recommended sound just like what I am looking for.

Thanks to Dave as well! By the way, I too have been known to go through a dictionairy when I could be out having "fun"! :)

Melissa

From: wanda <wanda -dot- jane -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Melissa Nelson <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:49:16 -0700

I'm currently reading Blooming English by Kate Burridge. It's a blast! Her style is great and the information is incredible. I keep grabbing people and saying "Did you know..." and babbling on about whatever tidbit I'd just read.
Recommend it.
Wanda

--
Let us overthrow the totems, break the taboos. Or better, let us consider them cancelled. Coldly, let us be intelligent.
Pierre Trudeau