Re: Have you ever felt the need to create a new word?

Subject: Re: Have you ever felt the need to create a new word?
From: Amy Gale <amyg -at- grammatech -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:35:40 -0400

Sean Hower wrote:

> Well, my _guess_ would be something that has had a status
> applied to it. What that means exactly, well, that would
> depend on the software.
> Yeah, context would surely make it clearer....maybe not.

I have some up with several candidate contexts, all of which are appalling.

1) "X traverses the data set to generate overall statistics. As each data item is processed, its _statused_ flag is set to ON to indicate that it has been USED in the STATs."

2) "The utilization of the paradigm has allowed us to grow the business by 200%, and it is now statused GOLD".

3) "printstatus(t): print the name and status of each object of type t, one object per line. Objects are statused in order of increasing size."

4) "Executive Washroom: Statused persons only."

Amy