Re: Have you ever felt the need to create a new word?

Subject: Re: Have you ever felt the need to create a new word?
From: "David Loveless" <daveloveless -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:42:39 -0600

Melissa,

I too am fascinated by the history of language and its evolution. I
took several linguistic courses in college from a highly talented and
amusing linguist. I know he has two or three books on the subject that
are designed specifically for people interesting in learning and
understanding more about linguistics.

His name is Dallin D. Oaks. His father, who has the same name and is a
prominent religious leader and former University President, also has
several books out, so make sure you get the right Dallin Oaks. The
titles should instantly give away which Oaks is which.

If that doesn't help, I've always found a quick review of the Oxford
English Dictionary to be highly enlightening. Then again, how many
people with social lives do you know of that read the dictionary for
fun?

Dave