Re: Friday Fun: What Pet Peeve makes you puke?

Subject: Re: Friday Fun: What Pet Peeve makes you puke?
From: arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:42:37 -0400

I have many linguistic pet peeves. I've already acknowledged that I've an evil grammarian living in my head (who even corrects my netspeak, unasked). But, I have to say what really gets me going is flagrant misspellings and misuses.

Many of my friends and peers are very bright and have interesting vocabularies, but pay not attention to how they use words. If you're going to use a word make sure a) you know how to spell it and b) you know what it really means and when it's appropriate to use. If you do not know how to spell or apply a word, either don't use the word, or look it up.

Technosavvy people have no excuse for not taking five seconds to use Google's "define:" command. And there are literally thousands of spelling websites.

Time to go feed the peeves.

:)
Arroxane