Framemaker

Subject: Framemaker
From: "James Barrow" <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 06:50:48 -0700

Does anyone have a favorite resource (website or book) for Framemaker?

I've used Framemaker on and off for the past five years, and always with a
team of tech writers who were much more proficient with it, thus making it
possible for me to visit someone's cubicle with an issue or question.

I'm now working alone and need to brush up on my Framemaker skills and, more
specifically, building Framemaker templates. And since I cannot recall how
to create .chm files, I'd also like to brush up on building help files using
Webworks.

As an aside, the last time that I used Framemaker was six months ago and at
that time was proficient enough that I could complete a book using my
keyboard only (my boss was anti-mouse). Unfortunately, I find that my
Framemaker skills simply don't stick with me. For example, I remember that
the F8 and F9 keys do something important, but I couldn't tell you what
off-hand. Has anyone else experienced this with Framemaker?

- Jim