Re: Knowledge Base Template

Subject: Re: Knowledge Base Template
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "W. Kelly Oja" <judbasiner -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:47:04 -0400

W. Kelly Oja wrote:

Hey Whirlers:

I am looking for a template/form to use for documents in a knowledge base I
am creating. I have googled various combinations to no avail. The final
document will for the most part be viewed on the LAN, but may need to be
printed too.

Kelly,

Wouldn't the form need to reflect the types of information stored in your knowledge base?

My first thought is to process the content through a web server and use one CSS to configure it for online viewing and another to configure it for printing. This will give you good flexibility, on a document by document basis, if your content is stored as tagged XML. Even if your content is entirely consistent and is stored untagged in database tables, this could still be the easiest strategy.

Dick