Looking for scientific/math font?

Subject: Looking for scientific/math font?
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, b -dot- hennessey -at- att -dot- net
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 14:30:03 -0400

Bobbi Hennessey wondered: <<I am searching for a symbol - it is used to measure wavelength and looks like a little triangle that sits on the line.>>

Since the context is wavelengths, I suspect you're trying to describe the Greek lambda (the lower-case version is more common than the capital you're describing, and looks kinda like a giraffe seen from the side <g>), but have a look at my cheat sheets of standard keyboard shortcuts for Mac and Windows to see if the character is in there. You can find them as the last two links on the following page: http://www.geoff-hart.com/resources.html

Note to nitpickers: Yes, I've listed the Greek characters in _English_ alphabetical order. That's both for mnemonic reasons (easier to remember the shortcuts) and because few people these days know the correct alphetical order in Greek.

www.geoff-hart.com