Re: Overuse of gerunds in headings

Subject: Re: Overuse of gerunds in headings
From: "Paul W Goddard" <paulwgoddard -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:12:17 -0700

This is my first attempt to post to this or any list and I am not at all
certain I'm doing it right. I found no instructions. Could someone point me
to some?

The psychology of gerunds is that it indicates to the reader what they are
to be doing. It conveys action. I generates expectation. Nominatives, such
as introduction or overview, may be accurate, but they contain no energy; no
user interaction. Closely related to gerunds is "How to..."

--
Paul W Goddard
Technical and Business Communications