RE: Finding character styles in Word with VBA

Subject: RE: Finding character styles in Word with VBA
From: "Partridge, Robert" <Robert -dot- Partridge -at- au -dot- unisys -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 07:30:00 +1000

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help and suggestions. As always when I find a macro not
working, it very often is a defect in the grey matter between my ears.
And when it comes to Word, it's often to do with me not understanding a
quirk of the program. I was searching for the style with the same name
as the para style (as that was all that was listed in my styles list).
I'd turned off that "feature" of Word's that creates separate char
styles to reflect every tiny change in a bold/indent etc for each para
style.

What I didn't realise was that despite turning off this feature, Word
continues to create character styles, it just doesn't list them. So what
I should have been doing was to search for "stylename Char" to find
characters formatted with the para style. Note that to replace them with
a body text style that too needs to be specified as "body text Char".

Simple when you know how!

Thanks,

Rob