RE: Boring documentation?

Subject: RE: Boring documentation?
From: "Ron Hearn" <RHearn -at- cucbc -dot- com>
To: "Janice Gelb" <janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:57:51 -0800

Exactly, Janice, it depends on the purpose of the document and its
audience. A technical audience turning to a reference document wants to
get the information it needs as quickly as possible and the less they
have to read, the better. A non-technical, novice audience would be more
receptive to a chatty, informal style. Having said that, TPTB have
suggested I move toward a more informal, marketing-oriented style in
some of our overview documents.

Ron