Re: Recruiters without clues

Subject: Re: Recruiters without clues
From: "David Loveless" <daveloveless -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:37:04 -0700

Glad to see another Alaskan on the site (I'm from Fairbanks, wife from Juneau).

On a related note, I run into people all the time who have no
comprehension of distances for Alaska, especially when they come from
the smaller states. Most people just don't get the humor about going
on summer vacation in Alaska, driving 8 hours one way (not including
roadless Juneau of course), and STILL being only halfway across the
state. Eight hours anywhere else is virtually a guarantee to get
across at least one state if not three or four.

To tie this back to recruiters and commute times/distances, what would
be an acceptable commute time/distance? I do 30 miles one way and
enjoy it. This morning took 2 hours to get here, but only because
someone decided to try and park their car on an overpass guard rail at
80 mph. Normally it's about 45 minutes one way.