Re: UAT Test Scripts

Subject: Re: UAT Test Scripts
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: beth -dot- agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 11:03:08 -0800 (PST)

Well said Beth. I further add that, typically, UAT is
a form of what is referred to as functional testing.

In functional testing, our test scripts specify the
inputs to a "black box" (the funciton being tested -
we call it a black box because we can not see it's
inner workings) and the scripts specify the expected
outputs from of the black box. (We may also want to
specify any initial state considerations.)

Input process output, input process output, input
process output - our whole system is conceptualized as
such, and our test scripts are written around such.

Hmmmm?? Input process output, input process output:
Now what tool can aid us in seeing the system in such
a fashion?? Hmmmmm??? I wonder?

Tony Markos

http://mail.yahoo.com