Re: Friday Questions (several)

Subject: Re: Friday Questions (several)
From: "Lisa Dugger" <saveena -dot- kitten -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 07:33:12 -0600

1. What newsletters do you subscribe to (technical, language-related, misc.)?

than that the rest are hobby related.

2. What sites do you bookmark and access regularly?

Flickr.com is my favorite. I love to look at how other people see the
world. The creativity in some of the shots inspires me with my own
work.
Merriam-Webster (I play their games too), thesaurus.reference.com,
Wikipedia, lots of Googling, shewalks.blogspot.com, eBay (I like to
see what people sell), and LiveJournal

3. What diversions do you subscribe to or regularly access? How much
time a day do you feel is justified in accessing/reading these kinds
of things? (A former team leader suggested 5 minutes for every hour.)

I listen to music throughout the entire day. It blocks out
distractions, helps me focus, and makes the day pass faster.

I like the idea of 5 minutes for every hour. I don't take regular
breaks and have a tendency to not take my full lunch hour, so I feel
justified in checking personal emails every once in a while. Although
I feel guilty bc it is the company PC and they have a policy about not
utilizing company property for personal use, which is why I don't read
blogs any more.

4. And perhaps to put everything in proportion, how many hours a week
were you hired to work and do you actually work?

I was hired to work 40 and I usually get away with 45.

~ Lisa
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it. - Mae West