RE: Just what do I need to know about lotus Notes?

Subject: RE: Just what do I need to know about lotus Notes?
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "DanG" <dangarza -at- houston -dot- rr -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:23:54 -0800

They use Lotus Notes. My approach with this sort of meaningless filler
is to find out about Lotus Notes and then match it to something you
*have* used.

Having worked in many companies that use Microsoft office software, I
have to tell you that the odds are you'll be an "expert" if you know
*anything* about them. MS Office apps are very easy to "get started"
with. Once you get below the surface, the water is *very* muddy. So,
knowing a bit about the *real* MS Office will get you lots of brownie
points. Same goes for Lotus Notes.

I have to say that when I read job postings, I first translate them into
English from HR/Recruiter-ese.

As always, never claim expertise in something you don't know. Instead,
do some research and then tell them why your related background matches
what they're looking for.

Joe

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.