MORE words I hate

Subject: MORE words I hate
From: "Blount, Patricia A" <Patricia -dot- Blount -at- ca -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 10:30:06 -0500

All,

OK, you got my blood boiling...

Here's one that actually induces spots before my eyes when I hear it...
"aks" as in "Can I aks you a question?"

ARGH!

And another despised habit: "alls" as in "Alls ya gotta do is click this
button..."

Luckily, you don't see these in tech writing, but you hear them in every
dog and pony Powerpoint meeting.

Not sure if you're all familiar with a favorite comic strip of mine
called "For Better or For Worse." In my Sunday paper about two weeks
back, the entire strip was dedicated to corporate buzzword bingo. Eight
panels of drivel before one of the characters shouts out "Bingo" in
front of a furious executive. I cut it out and pinned it to my cubicle
partition.

Ah...words. We should all treat them with the respect they deserve.