RE: Most annoying word

Subject: RE: Most annoying word
From: vlrothen -at- mtu -dot- edu
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:46:25 -0500 (EST)

Have any of you thought about nominating your word or phrase for the next
Lake Superior State University Banished Words List?

For those of you who are not familiar with this list, check it out at
http://www.lssu.edu/banished/

Viki DeMars
From: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, February 28, 2006 10:05 am
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

HEhe...I am loving all these :)

My most annoying one is when my boss, instead of "assigning me a task"
"tasks me an assignment". I have no idea why that annoys me so, but it
does! :)

Melissa

>From: "Melissa Nelson" To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com Subject: Most
annoying word Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:31:56 -0500

>Just out of curiousity...what are your choices for the most annoying and
overused buzzword used in your office? I have a few words that as a
writer just make me cringe when someone uses them and even worse when
someone wants them in my writing. :) I won't mention them yet, as I am
interested in what you all choose. However, I will admit that I have
"The Apprentice" on in the background as I write this. Talk about
annoying words...spoken by annoying people :)

>Melissa

pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar