Re: MS Access Question

Subject: Re: MS Access Question
From: Geoff Lane <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:56:56 +0000

On Monday, February 27, 2006, W. Kelly Oja wrote;

> Anyway, any ideas on some command that I can use to get the timestamps back?
> I do have one option and that is to go to IT and get an archived copy from
> two weeks ago, but I made major alterations early last week and getting the
> archived copy would require redoing everything I did early last week. Other
> than that ... well that's all I got.
---

You need to find out what the techy did. If he issued a global "UPDATE
the latest good backup. Rename the table in the backup and then
temporarily attach it to the live version. With that done, you just
update the live table with the timestamps from the old, leaving only
the interval since the backup was taken to do by hand.

If you don't completely understand SQL, perhaps you can insist that
the techies put it right for you, rather than have you struggle and
possibly make things worse?

HTH,

--
Geoff