Re: Customer Satisfaction Survey

Subject: Re: Customer Satisfaction Survey
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:27:43 -0500

Jennifer_Gidner -at- Dom -dot- com wrote:

this survey is really just a measurement of the two of us. It would be great if the numbers were good - it might help expand our team, but it's sole purpose is just to measure
us and how satisfied our clients (99% of which are internal) are with us.

Hi Jennifer,

Since there are only two of you and 99% of your clients are internal, I would definitely go the online (intranet) survey route. Also, since everyone is internal, giving an incentive probably won't work, unless it's in the form or cake and ice cream in the break room for everyone who responds.

This whole scenario does raise the question....Why is management measuring your satisfaction with your clients, since your clients are in house? Are they getting feedback that the TW staff is expendable, or are do they think you are overworked and need to expand? I'm not trying to make you concerned, but what happens if the numbers are not good, and what do they consider "good" numbers.

--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

Cell: 505-400-4128
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:

"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang